Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Story Time

We've been learning the sign language ABC's here and there this summer.  Claire has really picked up on it and she remembers how to do a lot of letters.  Some of the letters are hard to make.  Like "I".  She can't quite get her pinky finger all the way up.  She has found that the middle finger is much easier to manage.  So every time we sing the ABC's, Claire flips us off at "I".  I've tried to correct her through my giggling but she can't seem to see that letter any other way.

I suppose I shouldn't have been completely surprised by what happened at story time today...

Claire was cuddling a stuffed "Curious George" that belonged to the library.  Since he was a prop in the act, the story time leader asked her to please hold up George so all the kids could see him.  Without hesitation, Claire shot up her middle finger and dutifully held it there until I tackled her.  I am not even sure what happened after that.  I think I gasped something to the group about learning sign language and that's why she decided to do her sign for "I" when asked about George.  I'm positive it made no sense at all.  Then after a minute of mortification, I took in the hilariousness of the situation and fought back the urge to die laughing.

Full of surprises, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment